31 January 2012

Travel Story /// Las Vegas

I have been thinking a lot about travel lately. Inconsistent, cold, wet weather here in Ohio has had me dreaming of far off places. ...And the fact that my parents decided to take a family trip {without Nick & I!} to Vegas hasn't helped in the matters.


In 2009 I took one of the most memorable vacations of a lifetime. A high school acquaintance and I decided to plan a road trip across the country. I flew out and met him in Chicago, and from there we drove to Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Rapid City, & back to Chicago.

We stayed with hosts through CouchSurfing and had some of the most amazing adventures, conversations, and meals that I will never forget.


This trip was so much fun, it has Nick and I discussing the possibilities for an East Coast or a Pacific Northwest road trip. 

And, I've even started a 'Travel Lust' board on Pinterest! How much money and how long would it take to get to all of those places?

Have you ever been on a road trip before? What was the best part about it?

1 comment:

  1. I did couchsurfing while traveling in the Balkans- it really helps make traveling so much more affordable!
    http://www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete