28 July 2011

Things I Love Thursday - July 28, 2011

{Photo of Jasmine Van den Bogaerde, Birdy}

Life & Style
I am envious of ladies with super long locks. Just look at Birdy's! My hair is finally reaching lengths of which I've always wanted {& I can't help but think about the story The Gift of the Magi.} Anyways, now that it's so hot out I'm struggling to come up with different ways to style it besides my usual messy bun or ponytail. How about these cute braids?

I love Joanna's, of A Cup Of Jo, post about the etiquette on introducing people.

Television
You already know my obsession with John Slattery {a.k.a. Roger Sterling} and now I can just stare at him all day because Mad Men is finally available streaming on Netflix. If that isn't reason enough to pay for the 60% subscription increase, I don't know what is.

Ryan Gosling, Jimmy Fallon and Best Week Ever.
These 3 things come together and it's perfect.

{This also reminds me of how entertaining I find my husband's love/hate relationship with Jimmy Fallon. He thinks he's hilarious but hates how he laughs at his own jokes. Have you ever noticed how many comedians actually do this though? I think it's kind of funny. And I would have to imagine that they aren't laughing in an egotistical way.}

Internet
This explanation of Google+ seems to hit the nail on the head. So far I really like Google+ over Facebook as a networking site. I'm so tired of all the advertisements and spam that has overtaken Facebook.

Baby screech owls. They are too adorable & remind me of animatronics.

Music
I'm usually a pretty harsh critic of cover songs. But I have found two that I cannot stop listening to...

Birdy's cover of Bon Iver's "Skinny Love"


& Ellie Goulding's cover of Elton John's "Your Song"

No comments:

Post a Comment