26 July 2011

Take Nothing For Granted

On Saturday my dad was over at my house cutting down a tree when a part of the trunk smashed his finger. This caused him to lose his balance, fall backwards, knock himself unconscious and plummet 15 feet.

It was literally the most traumatic thing I had ever witnessed. To have to make a 911 call for an unresponsive parent is something that I hope I never have to do again. My family spent the greater part of Saturday and Sunday at the hospital. But thankfully he is fully recovered with the exception some bruises.

It made me realize how unpredictable and delicate life can be. I can't imagine not having my dad {or the rest of my family and friends} around right now. Needless to say, I'm not taking anything for granted.

{And really, neither should you! So go ahead and call up your family and friends and let them know you love them. Please!}

This beautiful photograph of my dad and I was taken by Genevieve Nisly.

No comments:

Post a Comment