02 August 2011

Photographs From The Weekend /// Columbus, Ohio











Got back from Columbus last night. We had a really great time and made it around to some of our favorite places & also got to explore some new locations.

For the first time we ate at Thurman's Cafe. {We ended up calling the trip the Unofficial Food Network Tour, because we also stopped at Schmidt's. I love their cream puffs!} The burgers were huge! I ate the Rad Shroom burger which was very, very tasty. Sauteed mushrooms, horseradish cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion & pickle. Nick got the Macedonian and didn't even offer a bite, so I know it was good. They were some serious burgers though, I couldn't even finish mine!

We also visited the Ohio State Fair. We typically hit up the Wayne County fair during late summer, but we thought we'd check out the State Fair this year. It was... a fair. I'm always amazed at the people that are drawn to county/state fairs. The fairs bring out all kinds of interesting people. Anyways, I thought it was worth the trip & we got a bagful of reading material about Ohio tourism & agriculture. Two things I've become very interested in during the last year.

Also made a stop to Homage. It is probably the best place in Ohio to get graphic tee's that rep your city or school. I picked up a retro looking Billie Jean King tee {I realize this has nothing to do with my city or school, but it was fun} and Nick purchased a new Golden Flashes shirt. The retail store has an awesome sales floor that reminds me of a 1970's locker room/little boy's dream room. Old metal lockers, posters, pennants, sports memorabilia & a sweet arcade game.

{Speaking of Ohio & graphic tees, my brother picked up the Windians shirt by Fresh Brewed Tees. They also have some really great Ohio related shirts & they donate $1 of every sale to charity!}

No comments:

Post a Comment