04 August 2011

Things I Love Thursday - August 4, 2011

How are you today?

I'm not going to lie, the weather here in NE Ohio has been less than desirable. Hot, muggy, and overcast. It's been hard to be motivated to do much of anything. But with the warm weather and rain, my garden has been abundant and I am able to make fresh tomato sauce and salsa. It's the little things that keep us going, right?

So here they are. The things making me happy this week!


Life & Style
◦ Lush Cosmetic's Flying Fox body wash & perfume. The subtle earthy jasmine scent has made the last few days so much more pleasant.

◦ Making fresh salsa & enjoying it on Trader Joe's Pita Bite Crackers. So tasty! {My Salsa Recipe: 1 clove garlic, 1 green pepper, 1/4 red onion, 3 medium tomatoes, cilantro, salt & pepper.}

◦ Purchasing locally grown flowers at the Gervasi Vineyards Farmer's Market week to week and keeping my kitchen bright and fresh. {Which reminds me, if you are local, please stop out there Wednesday's 4pm-7pm--the grounds, host, and vendors are lovely and well worth the visit!}

Television
◦ As embarassing as this is, I am excited that the new season of Jersey Shore is on tonight. Lame, I know. But I'm excited to see how they fare in Florence, Italy.

Art & Culture
Interesting, heart-breaking, lovely. James Mollison's Photos of Children's Bedrooms. View these on full-screen if you can.

◦ One of my favorite artists', Swoon, is creating an interactive public work of art in New Orleans. Musical architecture, doesn't that just sound fantastic and dreamy? {Not to mention her paper cut-outs and woodblock prints are gorgeous.}

Internet
◦ I love my blog and the community of bloggers I have found through Blogger & Twitter. Thank you so much for the support & inspiration!

◦ So proud {and a little jealous} of my friend Casandra Armour who is now an author over at HelloGiggles.

◦ Creating a Pintrest account. I'm already addicted!

Music
Tristan Prettyman has always managed to put in words what I feel in my heart. She's so talented and a beautiful person, inside & out. I found this song today and have played it pretty much non-stop all afternoon.


So tell me, what are you in love with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment