07 July 2010

Vacation Recap


I've been back from vacation for a few days but haven't had much time to update due to the holiday.

Vacation was a blast! I was able to catch up on some much needed sleep, soak in a little sun, take some really great photos, and Nick and I tried our hand at some new dishes.

Also, while I was down in North Carolina I signed for the house! I will receive my keys on July 10th. Although, in all honesty, we have snuck in and have already commenced tearing out flooring, shelving, and just about everything else from the house.
I took a lot of pictures, so I put them behind a "Read More" cut.

Nick and I are not cheesy most of the time, but I couldn't resist.



I don't know if Yuengling is a really good beer, or if it's just better because we can't buy it in Ohio. But nothing says summer more than a can (or bottle) of Yuengling.

One of the last nights in Emerald Isle Nick and I made fish tacos with fresh Mahi Mahi and (mostly) fresh corn salsa. It was so good!

Every morning Nick enjoyed a banana.

I had a hard time getting a good symmetrical picture of the pier. There was a young girl who kept chasing after a crab that was not very photo worthy.

Nick and I loved this Aztec-like sandcastle.

Nick and I spent one afternoon on the docks at Beaufort. We found a lot of really nice antique stores and a VERY good coffee shop and wine bar.

I loved these flowers. I think these were in Swansboro, but they were all over down south. What are they?



While I was relaxing at the beach house I started this beach inspired drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment